WNL AED Practi-Trainer: QUICK OVERVIEW
Ease of Use
What We Like
What We Don't Like
The first step to understanding how you can use an AED is to have access to a training model, especially if you’ve signed up for a lifesaving or resuscitation course. Even as an instructor for one of these classes, you’re going to need to find the perfect training device, as you won’t want your students to practice their techniques with a tool that works with electricity.
The WNL AED Practi-Trainer is a phenomenal tool to have at your disposal, whether you’re learning how to use an AED on your own or if you’re signed up for a CPR/AED educational class. It has an abundance of features that you would expect from a high-end training AED, among many other things.
WNL AED Practi-Trainer Review
The main purpose of the WNL AED Practi-Trainer is to give everyone the opportunity to learn how to use a real AED in the event of an emergency. It has all the regular buttons that you would expect from a real-life model, as well as a couple of other items such as a remote control for instructors to customize each student’s learning experience.
Instead of trying to use a real AED on a manikin when administering shocks to the heart or even CPR, it’s best to rely on a machine that doesn’t use electricity, as using electricity could be incredibly dangerous.
Who Is This Product For?
One of the main benefits of the WNL AED Practi-Trainer is that it is designed for absolutely anyone ranging from young teens to older adults. Its design is quite user-friendly, giving everyone the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of traditional AEDs safely.
In a way, the WNL AED Practi-Trainer is also suitable for instructors who are responsible for hosting a life-saving course. You’ll have the ability to purchase a training AED for each student as well as yourself if you need to freshen up your technique and skills.
There’s also a unique piece of training equipment known as the remote which allows you to choose different life-saving scenarios to ensure your students have a well-rounded learning experience.
With that being said, lots of training AEDs are incredibly expensive, costing hundreds of dollars. Fortunately, the WNL AED Practi-Trainer is quite affordable which makes it the perfect piece of equipment if you’re willing to put the time and effort into refining your resuscitation techniques.
In an effort to give students the most realistic experience possible while using an AED, the WNL AED Practi-Trainer comes with everything that you would expect to find in a traditional kit, aside from a few items. Once you open your box upon delivery, you’ll find:
- AED training unit (with English and Spanish lessons)
- Remote control
- Child pads and connector
- Adult pads and connector
- Instruction manual
- Carrying case
It’s important to note that the WNL AED Practi-Trainer and its remote both run off batteries and as these are not included, you will have to purchase two AAA batteries as well as three AA batteries. Aside from that, there isn’t anything that you’re missing out on when you purchase this practice device for AED training.
Overview of Features
A few of the most important features to take into consideration include:
- Compression Timing: With the help of compression timing, students will have a clearer idea of when they should administer their compressions as well as their breaths. There is a built-in metronome and flashing lights to provide both audio and visual feedback to ensure each participant refines their technique appropriately.
- User-Friendly Design: A user-friendly design is essential and the WNL AED Practi-Trainer comes ready right out of the box with everything that you’ll ever need, helping to cut down on preparation time.
- Upgradable: As ECC standards change over the years, you’ll appreciate that this AED trainer is entirely upgradeable to accommodate those changes. All you need to do is purchase an additional firmware module whenever there is an update to any rules and regulations.
- Poor Speaker Quality: The largest drawback with the WNL AED Practi-Trainer is that it doesn’t offer the best speaker quality, especially when you use the instructor’s remote to turn up the volume on the unit. As it gets louder, the audio gets grainier, which can make it slightly more difficult to understand.
How to Use
With several different training AEDs available on the market, it’s easy to find alternatives. However, you might be wondering: what makes one unit better than the other? Overall, the WNL AED Practi-Trainer has everything you could ask for, but there is one feature you’ll find in the Physio Control LIFEPAK CR Plus Training AED that the WNL model does not offer:
- Many Training Scenarios: It’s true that the WNL AED Practi-Trainer does have some pre-programmed training scenarios, but the Physio Control LIFEPAK CR Plus Training AED has a total of 12, which is more than on any other AED we’ve seen. This can be quite beneficial for instructors who don’t want to create their own customized scenarios, as you’ll have 12 different ones to choose from.
When it comes to choosing the perfect training AED, you want to find the unit that offers versatility, flexibility, but above all, a realistic experience. The WNL AED Practi-Trainer is a strong competitor because it’s easy for students of all ages to use, and it’s simple for instructors to teach with. You never know when an emergency might occur, which is why it is essential that you have been trained with a WNL AED Practi-Trainer.