With hundreds of different types of CPR and AED training manikins on the market, it can seem impossible to know if you’re buying the right one, especially if you haven’t taught a CPR course before.
With the range of different anatomical landmarks, CPR monitors and adjustable heads, you might find yourself lost amongst the many different brands on the market.
However, all is not lost, as we have created a list of the top five CPR training manikins you can get your hands on. All you have to do is choose the right one that you think would be the best for yourself or your course.
Top 5 Best CPR Training Manikin Comparison Chart
Best CPR Training Manikin Reviews
1. Prestan Professional Adult Manikin (4-Pack)
Prestan is known for being a market leader in all things CPR-related. From high-tech AED machines to high-quality manikins, they surely give all other companies a run for their money. With the Prestan Professional Adult Manikin (4-Pack), you’ll have the ability to buy your manikins in bulk, as four pieces come in every order and you’ll find it’s much easier to equip your students this way.
A few of the key features of the Prestan Professional Adult Manikin (4-Pack) include:
- Compression Light: Compression lights are particularly important when you’re training students on how to do compressions, otherwise they’ll never be able to get a visual understanding of how deep they need to push on someone’s chest. The Prestan Professional Adult Manikin (4-Pack) comes with a compression light that alerts students if they’re going too shallow, too deep, or just right.
- CPR Monitor: Similar to the compression light, the CPR monitor helps students to time their compressions perfectly as well as time their breaths to ensure that they are administering the right amount of life-saving techniques at the right times.
- Easy to Clean: After the class has concluded, you’re going to want to take the time to clean the dolls in order to prepare them for your next session. As the Prestan Professional Adult Manikin (4-Pack) are made out of plastic and rubber, they are incredibly simple to disinfect and maintain throughout the years.
2. Prestan Ultralite (4-Pack)
If you’re an instructor with only temporary access to a location for your CPR classes, you’ll need to pack all of your equipment up and take it home with you at the end of the day. Instead of dealing with abnormally heavy manikins, the Prestan Ultralite (4-Pack) is designed to make your life easier. With a lightweight and maneuverable design, you’ll surely appreciate the limited effort you’ll have to put into setting up a CPR class.
A few of this product’s most important features include:
- Clamshell Opening: The integrated clamshell opening is essential for being able to install and remove lung bags at the end of class without needing to use specific tools. Your students will be able to insert their own lung bags, as it’s so easy, helping to cut back on the time you spend preparing for class.
- Realistic Head Tilt: In order to get a true idea of what it’s like to give someone CPR and mouth-to-mouth, your students need to be able to tilt the head of their manikin. As something that most brands don’t offer, the Prestan Ultralite (4-Pack) has a realistic head tilt that is essential for the most realistic experience possible.
- No CPR Monitor or Compression Light: The only concern we have with the Prestan Ultralite (4-Pack) is that the manikins don’t come with a CPR monitor or compression light, in an effort to make them as lightweight as possible. This means the instructor will have to pay close attention to the performance of their students to ensure they’re administering their compressions properly.
3. Prestan Professional CPR-AED Manikin
Not everyone needs to buy four manikins at once, especially if you’re purchasing a CPR model for personal use or if you’re responsible for buying your own manikin for your class. If you just need a single manikin, the Prestan Professional CPR-AED Manikin is one of the best choices because it incorporates everything that you would expect from a high-quality manikin including ease of use and a bunch of user-friendly features.
There are plenty of ways that the Prestan Professional CPR-AED Manikin excels when compared to the competition, such as:
- CPR Monitor: The main benefit to the Prestan Professional CPR-AED Manikin is that it has an integrated CPR monitor to help you understand whether you’re administering strong enough compressions or not. In addition, the CPR monitor helps you to time your compressions and breaths to ensure that you’re using the right techniques. Instructors love having CPR monitors inside manikins as they act as a second instructor in the room.
- Lifelike Feel: There’s nothing more important than being able to truly feel like you’re saving someone, as it encourages you to put all your effort into your training. With a lifelike feel, the Prestan Professional CPR-AED Manikin will give your students a more realistic experience.
- Realistic Anatomical Landmarks: Again, realism is essential, and with the combination of a lifelike feel and realistic anatomical landmarks, each student will know exactly where to place their hands when performing CPR or even using an AED.
4. Prestan Child CPR-AED Manikin
You never know when your CPR training is going to come in handy and you certainly don’t know whether you’ll be working with an adult or a child. Compressions on a smaller body differ greatly from a larger body, which is why it’s essential that you take advantage of a manikin like the Prestan Child CPR-AED Manikin to diversify your experience.
A few of the most notable features of the Prestan Child CPR-AED Manikin include:
- Instant Feedback: Instant feedback is important, especially if you’re training a group of beginners who have never done CPR before in their lives. With the integration of the compression light and CPR monitor, your students will know if they’re administering the right techniques in an effort to save a child’s life. The instant feedback is also essential for instructors to know when their students need a little bit of help refining their techniques.
- Easy to Maintain: Constructed out of plastic and rubber, the Prestan Child CPR-AED Manikin is incredibly easy to clean and to keep sanitized over the years. All you need to do is wipe it down with a mild disinfectant and it will be ready to use in your upcoming classes.
- Realistic Design: When you’re working with a manikin, it’s important to have a design that is realistic. This particular Prestan model is exceptional as it follows the real anatomy of a child so you know where to properly administer compressions and where to search for a pulse.
5. Prestan Family Pack
There’s nothing more comforting than knowing that you have the skills to help anyone in your family in the event that they need CPR or the help of an AED. With that being said, you’re going to need the right tools in order to refine your life-saving skills, which is where the Prestan Family Pack comes into play. With five different manikins, you’ll be able to work on your skills with bodies of all sizes.
The Prestan Family Pack’s most significant features include:
- Five Manikins: Inside the kit you’ll receive five different manikins including two adults, one child, and two infants. This is very useful if you want to teach everyone in your class or your family what it’s like to administer CPR on multiple sized bodies.
- CPR Monitors: Each of the manikins that come with the set has integrated CPR monitors which are essential for not only letting students know when they are administering the right amount of pressure at the right times but also when students may need help from their instructor.
- Chest Rise Visualizations: Another interesting feature of the Prestan Family Pack is that each of the manikins is designed with chest rise visualizations. This means that once you do compressions, the chest will move accordingly to provide an accurate visual representation of what it’s like to administer CPR.
- Manikins resist dirt, grime, & grease
- LED Rate Monitors give instant feedback
- Easy to insert lung-bag speeds manikin setup
Once you know what the top five CPR manikins on the market are, it’s important to narrow your choices down to just one product. You want to have everything that you could ever need for your classes right at your disposal, which is why the Prestan Family Pack is frequently seen as the best choice for those searching for a CPR manikin.
The Prestan Family Pack not only offers five different units (two adults, one child, and two infants) but it also offers instant feedback through the CPR monitor as well as the compression lights. The units are also designed to be incredibly easy to clean and quite realistic, especially when compared to traditional foam manikins.
However, the Prestan Family Pack is relatively expensive, which is why if you’re shopping on a budget, you may want to consider purchasing a single manikin instead, such as the Prestan Professional CPR-AED Manikin. With its realistic anatomical landmarks and lifelike feel, you’ll get the true experience of administering CPR on a human being.
There are plenty of choices for you to choose from. All you need to do is figure out what your needs are and decide on the right model for you!