Choosing the best CPR training manikin is essential as the combination of a realistic feel and integrated features will mean the difference between success and failure for your students. With a plethora of models to choose from, it can seem impossible to find the right ones.
Luckily for you, we’ve put together a list of the top five models recommended for all types of CPR and AED training. By using this guide, you’ll learn about the pros and cons of each of the top five CPR training manikins on the market.
Top 5 Best Baby CPR Training Manikin Comparison Chart
Best Baby CPR Training Manikin Reviews
1. Prestan PP-IM-100M
When it comes to the world of baby manikins, Prestan is a well-known brand because of how diverse their models are. The Prestan PP-IM-100M is a baby manikin that is designed to emulate the real thing, which is essential for parents and first responders who are learning about CPR and the use of an AED.
There are plenty of features to take note of with the Prestan PP-IM-100M, including:
- Realistic Design: The most recognizable feature that students will surely appreciate about the Prestan PP-IM-100M is its realistic design. With skin that feels real to the touch and a weight that is typical for babies of its size, you’ll gain a true feel for what it’s like to work with an infant.
- Clamshell Design: When it comes to learning about lung bags, you’ll appreciate the clamshell design that makes it far simpler to insert a face shield/lung bag to learn more about CPR and mouth-to-mouth.
- CPR Monitor: A unique feature that most manikins don’t have, the included CPR monitor gives instant feedback to both the instructor and student in relation to their chest compressions to ensure they’re doing enough in the allotted time.
- Life-like features and weight allows for realistic infant CPR training
- Sculpted body contours and realistic skin feel help prepare students for real life rescues
- A unique clamshell design that accommodates an easy-to-insert face shield lung bag
2. Prestan CPR Manikins (4-Pack)
Not everyone is in the market for a single CPR manikin, especially if you’re getting ready to start your very own course. In order to accommodate all of your students, you’re going to need to invest in a multipack of manikins, which is when the Prestan CPR Manikins (4-Pack) can be quite useful. With similar features to the previously mentioned Prestan model, you’ll be able to get the most out of CPR and AED training.
When you first purchase your set of Prestan CPR Manikins (4-Pack), you’ll appreciate the following features:
- Dirt Resistant: Although you may still want to disinfect your manikins depending on personal preference, the Prestan CPR Manikins (4-Pack) is entirely dirt resistant as well as grease resistant. You won’t have to worry about hand oils accumulating on the manikin's body, which would lead to slippery and worn out “skin” that is impossible to use.
- LED Monitors and Audible Feedback: With the combination of the LED monitors and audible clicks, students will be able to receive immediate feedback in terms of their compression. The clicks let students understand what the perfect compression depth is, and the LED monitors alert students to the number of compressions they’re doing in the allotted time.
- Maneuverable Head: Another great feature of the Prestan CPR Manikins (4-Pack) that many manikins don’t have is a maneuverable head. This is essential for understanding how to open the airway of babies in an effort to help them breathe.
3. V-Med Supply TMAN 2
If you’re interested in buying a professional quality manikin for a fraction of the cost, the V-Med Supply TMAN 2 could be what you’ve been looking for. Although it offers similar features to other manikins on this list, it is designed to last for years of regular use.
A few of the most notable features of the V-Med Supply TMAN 2 include:
- Versatile Design: By far, the most important feature of this particular manikin is how versatile it is, allowing students to not only learn how to use an AED and to perform CPR, but to also perform the Heimlich maneuver, abdominal thrusts and mouth-to-mouth breathing.
- Accurate Anatomical Markings: Even though the V-Med Supply TMAN 2 may not have as realistic of a body as other manikins, it does offer something the others don’t: realistic body landmarks. You’ll be able to see the chest notch, carotid arteries, navel, Adam’s apple and rib cage.
- Dishwasher Safe: To ensure that your infant manikin is thoroughly disinfected, you can remove the entire head from the body and sanitize it in the dishwasher, which makes it easy to clean.
- Professional-quality manikin at a fraction of the cost!
- Comprehensive design allows for practice of Heimlich maneuver and abdominal thrusts, as well as CPR and mouth-to-mouth breathing.
- Realistic anatomical markings (Adam's apple, carotid arteries, navel, rib cage, chest notch) make it easy to learn correct hand placement for checking pulse, performing chest compressions, and more.
4. Simulaids Sani-Baby (4-Pack)
For instructors who want to spend more time teaching and less time preparing for a lesson, the Simulaids Sani-Baby (4-Pack) is the perfect option. Not only does it come with four different infant manikins, it also offers a comprehensive list of features that you’ll need to train your students on everything from CPR to the Heimlich maneuver.
A few of the most important features of the Simulaids Sani-Baby (4-Pack) are:
- Single-Use Airway: Instead of worrying about several different functions that the manikin can do, the single-use airway is essential for teaching the basics of using a lung and face shield when conducting mouth-to-mouth breathing.
- Anatomical Markings: Similar to the V-Med Supply design, your students will appreciate the thorough anatomical markings that make the Simulaids Sani-Baby (4-Pack) more realistic to use. You’ll notice a substernal notch, sternum and ribcage.
- Dirt-Free: Constructed out of materials that are designed to ward off dirt and germs, the Simulaids Sani-Baby (4-Pack) does not require any disinfecting or cleaning, meaning that you won’t have to disassemble your infant manikins after every class.
5. Prestan Professional Infant
Another Prestan manikin on this list, the Prestan Professional Infant offers everything that you would expect from a training manikin, regardless of whether you are teaching a beginner class or a refresher course. This is the ideal model for instructors who are interested in teaching the basics and don't need any additional features.
Since it's designed for basic operation, the Prestan Professional Infant manikin doesn't have many features. However, there are a couple of things to take note of:
- Realistic Design: One of the most important features of any manikin is that it should look and feel realistic, and the Prestan Professional Infant certainly does. It is designed to emulate the correct length and weight as an average infant.
- No CPR Monitor: If there’s one thing we wish was included with the Prestan Professional Infant, it’s a CPR monitor that allows students to know that their compressions are adequate. Otherwise, instructors will be responsible for alerting their students to any issues with their techniques.
Overall, it’s easy to see how the Prestan CPR Manikins (4-Pack) is the best option when it comes to choosing infant manikins for CPR and AED training.
Not only does it have three phenomenal features that every instructor and student should have access to, it also comes in a pack of four, making it easy to have a manikin for every participant in your class. The three things that truly set the Prestan CPR Manikins (4-Pack) apart from the competition include:
- Manueverable Head: The majority of CPR manikins won’t have a maneuverable head, which makes it difficult to understand how you can adjust a real head if you need to access their airway. However, the Prestan model allows you to adjust and tilt the head as needed.
- Dirt-Resistant: By eliminating the need to disinfect the manikins after every session, you’ll be able to cut your teaching time in half. In addition, participants will be able to feel more comfortable using CPR babies that multiple people have had their hands on.
- LED Monitors and Audible Feedback: With both visual and audible feedback, your students will be able to learn what the appropriate pressure is for compressions as well as how often they should be doing them.
The Prestan CPR Manikins (4-Pack) is by far the best model when it comes to learning about different types of resuscitation and life-saving training. It has an extensive list of features, very few disadvantages, and you’re getting a great deal by receiving four manikins in your order instead of just one, making it the perfect tool for any CPR and AED class.